Friday, 2 December 2016

Kitchen Tip

Happy Friday friends.  I want to share with you, a tip using the most basic of kitchen appliances. The humble wooden spoon.
Actually, the tip was found by hubby, and when he told me, I didn't think it would work, but it really does. 

If you place a wooden spoon over a pan of water, it won't boil over!!! It will come to the boil from cold, or even if you put boiling water in a pan, it will work. It just won't bubble over. 
I tried it on the boiling plate of the Aga, which trust me, boils at a rapid rate. I can never take my eyes off it.  I'm also still slightly obsessed with any mess on my Aga (she's my baby lol) ... So trying this took, an awful lot of guts.  

It really worked.  I was going to give in, and take it off the heat when it started to look like it would boil over, but I kept my nerve and it just carried on boiling without spilling. 

Isn't it funny the strange things you learn. I haven't a clue why it works, I'm just glad it does. 

Wishing you all a fabulous weekend. 
Sandra 
xxx


2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to visit us and leave a message, it means a lot to us.