Friday, 9 December 2016

IKEA hack

Happy Friday friends. I hope you've had a good week. 

I thought today, I'd share with you a little project that we did a couple of months ago in our living room. 
This pretty shelf started life quite happily as an IKEA floating shelf.  Nothing wrong with it at all, just that it had been up since must be 2004 once we finished our extension. 
See, nothing wrong.  I just felt they weren't quite fitting into our home the way they used to.  The problem is, they're useful and changing them would have meant redecorating the whole room.  As, the holes needed for the screws to hold them up, are rather large, so to carry all the weight on put on them.  

So hubby took them down, and off to his workshop in the garden. 
He found some old architrave that he had, and attached it all around the shelf with nails and wood glue. 

I then gave them a lick of paint.
and voila ... new shelves
I'm so pleased with how they've turned out. 

That's it from me today, have a super weekend 
Sandra
xx

4 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to visit us and leave a message, it means a lot to us.