Friday, 25 November 2016

December Daily

Not to scare you, but in one month exactly, it will be Christmas Day... yiipppppppppppeeee.  So before, I go into too much detail on this post, I should explain something about me.  Firstly, I'm a crafter.  All things creative call to me, and I dabble in them all. A typical crafter, has a million and one projects on the go, and sometimes we feel like our heads will explode with all the creative ideas running around.  Next thing about me, is that I'm totally obsessed with Christmas.  So, putting both those things together, the project that I love at this time of the year, is the brainchild of the very talented Ali Edwards, called December Daily.

The idea is to capture and document the stories that make up this magical season.  Now, you can do it in anyway that works for you, most tend to create a separate album and maybe make up a basic work station with the supplies you need to work on the album each day.

Often the album can be made in advance, so that each day, all you need to do is write up your daily story, and maybe print out a photo to insert.  Sounds good, but lets face it, its one of the busiest times of the year and the last thing on your mind is crafting.  So this year, I'm actually using my Midori as my album and I'm not going to over think things either (yeah, yeah, I laughed at that too) but I want to stop and not rush the season.  Which I'm very aware, is something I tend to do .... so I want to document the everyday fun things.  If nothing much happens on a particular day, then I'll write in a quote. Something that when I look back at my journal in future years, I'll remember to slow down and enjoy the process, and remember where I am, right now.

There you have it a bit of a long winded post from me today, but I do hope it maybe inspires you to join in and really think about the season, and if you do, please drop back and let us know so we can have a look.  Let me share with you here, the front of my journal.


Wishing you all a lovely weekend 
Sandra
xx


2 comments:

  1. Enjoy completing your December Daily. I'm still working on my parchment book of "Twas the Night before Christmas". I've managed more than I thought I would but it certainly wont be finished for this Christmas.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to do JYC this year and I can't wait! I'm looking forward to seeing your December Daily x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit us and leave a message, it means a lot to us.