Monday, 3 October 2016

Make Up Tip - How to Get A Dewy Foundation Effect

Happy Monday Friends!

Todays makeup tip is actually from my daughter. Somehow she has become more knowledgeable about makeup and beauty than myself!!

It's no surprise really as when I was growing up, I had to rely on the likes of magazines such as Jackie and Seventeen for beauty tips. Now, of course, todays young people have YouTube and the internet at the touch of their fingers and are much more knowledgeable about these things, which can be a good thing, as in my case, she likes to pass these tips on.

Recently she done my makeup for the banquet that Sandra and I went to, and passed this particular tip onto me. I have to say, I was impressed, as it did give a natural glow to my face.

All you need is:-

Your usual foundation and facial oil. My daughter has this one from Waitrose which is fragrance free and for sensitive skin, and it's only £2.99!!




By adding a drop of facial oil to your makeup sponge, and then mixing with a blob of liquid foundation on your wrist, and apply to your face. You will find that this will give you:-


  • Even coverage
  • Gives your skin a natural, healthy glow (dewy look)
  • Extends your foundation life (as your not using so much of it by adding the oil to it). 
  • If you find your foundation is a bit cake/lumpy by adding the oil you will loosen it up and give it a new lease of life.
  • No need to buy an alternative foundation so cost effective


You can build up layers with the oil/foundation combination depending on the coverage you require. For me, it only took two layers and that was with my red blotchy skin!

Have a great week Friends!!

Maria xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit us and leave a message, it means a lot to us.