Monday, 10 October 2016

Embrace Your Smile, Embrace Life!

Happy Monday Friends!!

Today's post is all about you and the impact you can have on your life, and others with one simple thing that you can do which is totally free in life. A smile!!





Last week saw National Smile Day and, to be honest, it got me thinking. Do I smile enough? Have I forgotten to smile at my loved ones lately? When do I smile? and so on...

The answer is I do smile, but probably not enough, especially with my family. No,  I am not a total grouch, but I do tend to let my daily activities of running a family and a home take over my thoughts. I know I can't be the only one, because for all our technologies and labour saving devices, our lives have become more complex, and we cram so much into our everyday living.

Even our downtime is filled with heads down looking at phones, IPads, and other technologies that we sometimes forget to look up and take in our surroundings and the people that we have in it. So much so that we often forget the simple things in life such as a welcoming smile.



Every morning on the school run, I greet a number of strangers and friends with a "Morning" and a smile. For me, it is an automatic thing to do and I have to say, it always makes for a great start to the day. It isn't purely out of politeness or selfish reasons it's an natural instinct. We have all got a smile inside of us waiting to be released, but at home or work, we can get stuck in the moment, running errands, sorting out work issues etc, etc. We also take it for granted that our family and friends will always be there whilst we muddle through our days.

'It isn't what you have or who you are or where you are or what you think that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it.' 

(Dale Carnegie)

Smiling is a universal language that knows no boundaries other than giving and receiving. One of the reasons I fell in love with my husband was his big cheeky grin. Through good times and bad, the one constant is his smile, which has and continues to make all the difference in the world.

So today, maybe, like me, you'll take some time out and think about the impact of how much a smile can make not only to your day, but also to those that you live with, meet or greet. A smile can really make a difference and not just for future National Smile Days!



Have a happy smiling week Friends!!


Maria x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit us and leave a message, it means a lot to us.