Monday, 17 October 2016

DIY Essential Oil Anti Ageing Eye Serum

Happy Monday Friends!!

A couple of years ago, my friends and I used to hold a monthly craft night where we made a whole number of things, mainly from Pinterest. One thing we did make that was a hit with most of us was some homemade eye serum. This was partly due to it being simple to make, and the bonus of it being all natural ingredients, olive oil and vitamin E capsules. For some though, the smell of the olive oil was off putting. So I have been in search of a more pleasant smelling homemade serum,  and came across this one by theindianspot.com.

All you need is

  • Essential Oil (they recommend lavender or lemon, but I was tempted to use black pepper as it has soothing element to it). In the end I opted for lemon for its fresh smell.
  • 2 tablespoons of almond oil (you can pick up from your local chemist) or alternatively you can use coconut oil.
  • 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil (I used my stash of Vitamin E capsules - 10 pierced capsules makes up roughly 1tsp)




How to:

Add 2 drops of your chosen essential oil to 2 tablespoons of almond oil (or coconut oil if using) and 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil (10 capsules pierced as an alternative). Make sure you use a sterilised bottle or jar to put your ingredients into. I used a spray bottle that I had to add my ingredients too. I find the serum easier to apply from this.


And Voila!!  You have your very own anti-ageing eye serum that is completely free of any chemicals, or nasties. To apply, just pat a thin layer under the eyes at night, and it should help with wrinkles, fine lines and help to reduce dark circles.  

This is great alternative to shop bought serums, especially if you have sensitive skin and, hopefully, you will find the natural ingredients helps with those fine lines :D 

Have a great week Friends!!

Maria x




4 comments:

  1. I think I'll definitely be giving this a go! Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this Maria, I am trying to banish as many chemicals as possible, so will definitely give this a try! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, I hope you like it. There are so many chemicals in what we put on our skin so its great to try something that is all natural. :D x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit us and leave a message, it means a lot to us.