Monday, 12 September 2016

My New Office Space - An Update!

Happy Monday Friends!!

A couple of weeks ago, I said I was going to be keeping those blue units in my new office space. Since then, I have been slowly moving all of my office upstairs to my new room, and I have to say, my husband has been in his element. I can't really blame him, I do have an awful lot of books and other paraphernalia!

It was only once I had started to fill those blue and white units with my books, and other bits and pieces, that I realised how much I really didn't like the blue. I think if they had been a lighter shade or even navy blue, I might have been able to live with them.

I had also sourced these gorgeous handles from Amazon as I wanted to create a garden theme for my new office space. However, when I put them on the blue doors, they didn't stand out or show off their prettiness.






So now I was faced with a dilemma as I couldn't move my stuff back downstairs so I had to come up with an alternative way of changing them. It was even harder as I had a tiny budget, and at some stage in the future they will be replaced so I didn't want to spend a fortune.

I initially thought of adding some detail to the edges so as to distract me from the blueness and came up with the idea of using washi tape. Sandra kindly let me borrow from her huge stash I and went about changing the edging. I have to say that I was pleased with it, but still it didn't distract me from the blue!














Then I came across this fantastic stuff.......

Fablon 67.5 cm x 2 m Matt Roll, White



I ordered two rolls of matte white. I was concerned that it would be a bit like those horrible phone protector films, which you cannot get the air bubbles out of, but it was so easy to apply anyone could do it. Considering, the doors weren't removable, I had to put it on situ, which was more of a challenge, but still not that difficult.  I chose only to do the doors as I can live with the inside parts being blue, for now that is ;)

Here is the final look to the units.





 I still have the boxed in piping at the base of the units to contend with, but for now its remaining blue. 



Have a great week Friends, and I'll be back soon with another update on my new office space.

Maria xx


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit us and leave a message, it means a lot to us.