Friday, 9 September 2016

Makeover Starts

A few weeks ago I mentioned that I was starting yet another room makeover and I was dithering over paint samples .... Well decision made. 



After much faffing around and thinking about which colour would be right, I decided to go with Strong White for most of the walls. Its a slightly more grey white, and I'm hoping with the Skylight on a feature wall, (well I did have some of that left from painting the dressers, so I thought I'd use that up), I think it will be a good contrast.

I had thought of Skimming Stone for the pew, but after talking to the assistant in Farrow and Ball, he showed me it up against a paint sample of Skylight and it looked very lilac. As this is the wall the pew sits against, I decided against that.

So my final choice for that, was Cornforth White.

As you can see, I've started ... The pew needed sanding and then had a coat of Zinsser primer on it.  So far one coat of Farrow and Ball Cornforth White, and I'm loving it. 

I will be back with more of the makeover, as I've got hubby off for another week, so I'm taking full advantage of his sanding skills. 

Have a lovely weekend 
Sandra x

6 comments:

  1. Oh, the bench is turning out nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be wonderful to see it all done. The bench is coming along well.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would so like the job of naming paints, or nail polishes for that matter. Cornforth White, nice colour. Looking forward to seeing the end results & the church pew installed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have skimming stone in our dining room! I love the way F&B paints can look so different in different lights. We're just about to add Oval Office blue as a feature wall, watch this space ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see it all done and when you've finished painting everything in your house you can come over and paint my place :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am looking forward with anticipation to seeing more. Hubby today decided to sort out all the half cans of paint we have in the garage. Most are too old to be used even for touch-ups, so after he took pictures of the names and formulas, he cleared them all out. It made me think about what I want to paint next.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit us and leave a message, it means a lot to us.