Friday, 16 September 2016

Little House Smash Book



Now, I'm hoping that You'll see a video at the top of this post from YouTube .... I'm not 100% sure if what I've done works, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

So let me start at the beginning .... I thought I'd share with you my Smash book which I've created on the Little House, or what my vision was when we were refurbishing it.  So far, I'm pleased with it.

Now, for those of you that aren't crafters, or know what Smash books are ... it's a sort of catch it all book.  You can of course use it for creating scrapbook layouts, or just your everyday memories.  For instance, you can put your momentoes from days out, ticket stubs etc.  Just have a little search on YouTube or Pinterest, and you'll see hundreds of ideas for their uses.  My Smash book, and I'll be honest, I have a few .... so maybe I should say! This Smash Book is a large A4 size and its where I'm sticking in all my fabric and wallpaper samples. I also store, the torn out pages from magazines with ideas, I first liked.  So let me show you how its coming along. (I apologies now for the amount of photos)
I started it with my colour scheme, or at least the one I had in mind when I started. 


 








When I look back through my pages, which I do regularly, I will say, I've pretty much kept to my original plans.  Its still a work in progress, but yes, I'm happy I started it, and it helps me keep on track of my original ideas ... of course those ideas will change, lets face it, I'm forever tinkering with our home, but its good to have somewhere to store all those odds and ends before I forget where I found them,

I hope you enjoyed this little view into my process, I will of course share with you in other posts, how those ideas are looking in real life.  For now, though I wish you all a lovely weekend.
Sandra xx


3 comments:

  1. Great post Sandra and the video worked fine.
    I have a few of the A4 size SMASH books but have found it difficult to actually make that first mark on a page. The little A5 one hasn't been a problem and I have it full of different bits and pieces that I always kept in my bag.
    Enjoy the weekend.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely to have a little flick through your book x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this idea. The rose floral fabrics & wallpaper for the bathroom - OH YES! My dream is to have a chintz sofa one day, preferably in my She Shed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit us and leave a message, it means a lot to us.