Monday, 19 September 2016

How to Make Your Own Garlic Infused Olive Oil

Happy Monday Friends!!

The weather is slowly, but surely becoming more autumnal,  and my thoughts always turn to Christmas, which to be honest, comes round far too fast once the children are back at school. 

So as in previous years, I start to think about making some homemade gifts in advance such as this garlic infused olive oil, which I tend to add to a basket/box of other goodies I have made. 

Its a great addition to have in your store cupboard. I like to add it to homemade hummus, spaghetti bolognese and other recipes that call for olive oil and garlic. It certainly saves time chopping or mincing garlic cloves and especially great for when you've run out of the fresh stuff.

It is really simple and easy to make. Here is how.....

You will need 1/2 litre of regular olive oil, one bulb of garlic and a sterilised bottle for steeping.

You will need  8 cloves of garlic from the bulb

Roughly chop up the cloves to release their garlic flavour 
Add the chopped garlic to the olive oil and let it steep for 48 hours

Sieve and decant the garlic infused olive oil into a sterilised kilner bottle. You can add a tag or label to the bottle and  if you are giving it as a gift you can decorate it by adding a bow of your choice.

It really is that simple, and it has been a well received gift in previous years. I make this year all year round as it is a great store cupboard essential so why not make some for yourself!

Have a great week Friends!!

Maria xxx

2 comments:

  1. YES - brilliant & easy idea. Last year I did sweet baskets where I included all the ingredients + recipe to make cookies along with an apron & oven mitts. You have started me on the savoury gift basket trail for this year ... I have some Basil needing trimming, I wonder - ummm ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this. A lovely idea for a gift.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit us and leave a message, it means a lot to us.