Monday, 5 September 2016

Bedroom Redesign - Its Finished!!

Happy Monday Friends!

You may recall back in April, that I started out on redesigning a bedroom for our teenage daughter after our son had left home.

Well finally today, I am bringing you photos of the finished article (although I could do more to it). Our daughter is a tough client to please and so certain aspects of the redesign such as papering the back of the shelving unit didn't happen as she liked it as it was. Her preference was for a clean unfussy look to her multi functioning room, but I did manage to slip a few girly accessories such as some gorgeous silk roses ;)


Dressing table/Chest of Drawers storage



Before - with those wall lights!!

Wall lights replaced with iconic angle poise wall lamps. A simple wall gallery of some of her photographs she has taken this year. 


Before Window wall aspect


Window Aspect Now




Before - far wall aspect with angled corner

The chair finally arrived last Thursday!! It provides her somewhere to sit and read as well as providing additional seating for having friends over.

Before
After - Plenty of storage with these Ikea wardrobe and chest of drawers



I hope you've enjoyed following this bedroom redesign. As with any space, we will have to reassess how it is functioning and whether or not anything needs to be changed in the future. For now, at least, we have one very happy daughter!!

Have a great week Friends!!

Maria xxx


6 comments:

  1. It looks really lovely. I wish my daughter would let me tackle her room! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Daughters can be stubborn lol, but I am sure you will get there! :D x

      Delete
  2. It looks wonderful. The colours work so well - love the "pop" of yellow.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great room tour of before & after. I think my favourite in this room are the windows, the wardrobe & chest of drawers certainly get a second look. I bet there are some sweet dreams happening in this room :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patio Postcards :D I keep popping my head round the door to have a peek..... much to my daughters annoyance lol :D x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit us and leave a message, it means a lot to us.