Wednesday, 10 August 2016

Craft Room - Fabric Organisation

Well, I'm happy to say that my craft room sort out is coming along nicely.  I knew it wasn't going to be an easy job. Seriously! .... I'm a hoarder and a half, but after looking through my craft room plan (you can find a blog post on it HERE), I decided that first thing I wanted to sort was my fabric.

One of the main reasons for starting here, was I wanted to work on a Christmas quilt sew a long.  I'm happy to say, its come together nicely.

How did I get to this? Easily really. I was ruthless.  I put all my fabrics onto my desk, first sorted out the ones, I really didn't think I'd ever use.  It was hard, as lets face it, you buy them because you love them, but in reality I knew some, I'd just never use.  These were given to a friend who has been on a stash ban all year.



Then sorted them into colours 
I also kept some in the collections they came in, as I thought it would save me time when I actually got my act together and started quilting. 
This tray is for fabric I'm using now or have immediate plans for.
I have kept my Christmas fabric separate too, especially as the sew-a-long starts soon. 

I will share with you at a later date some more of my craft room organisation. As I've also made a little section for Project Life and sorted through my scrapbooking stash.  

Enjoy the rest of your week friends. 
Sandra
x








5 comments:

  1. It does indeed look like you are making progress - purging is the hardest part, because of the feeling that you bought it so you should use it. Glad you reached a happy medium.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Susanne, decluttering the house for now on a year, has really helped me get some perspective. I'm not saying that it was easier, but I feel better saying, "Do I really want this" xx

      Delete
  2. Everything is looking beautifully tidy & organised Sandra.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That all looks fantastic, I can't wait to see your quilt coming together xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - it looks so pretty, it's making me want to start playing with fabric! :) Can't wait to see your Project Life/Scrappy stash x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit us and leave a message, it means a lot to us.