Monday, 15 August 2016

A New Redesign - My New Office Space

Happy Monday Friends!

I hope you've had a great weekend!

I know you are all thinking I have yet to show you the finished redesign of my daughters bedroom and why would I be posting a new project. Believe it or not, I am still waiting on the Hygena chair from Argos and have only recently had the bed delivered. It has been incredibly frustrating as we are so close to finishing off the room, but now have to wait until the beginning of September! I promise as soon as its finished, I'll be posting some photos.

In the meantime, we have been busy moving our youngest son across to his new bedroom (a mammoth task in itself with the amount of lego and books he owns). This in turn has left an empty room and I have been deliberating as to what to do with it until recently. Of course, we could have set it up as a spare bedroom, but we wanted the space to work harder than an occasional room.

My husband and I have always shared an office at home and I have now decided to move myself into the spare room and turn it into my own office space. This way we can both work independently without disturbing each other. It also means, much to my husbands relief that he won't be subjected to my creative mess ;)

I will be transforming this room on a budget after having spent quite a lot on our daughters bedroom. So for now I will be making do with my existing office furniture and will need to make them work in this space.






The room already has a lot of storage cupboards and shelves, which will be great for housing most of my books and paraphernalia. The lower part of these shelves/cupboards happens to be boxed in piping so they will have to stay put for now. The only problem is I don't like the colour. I have never been a lover of blue and as its going to be my own personal space, I am not sure at this stage whether I will keeping them blue or changing the colour.

I'll be keeping you posted on the decisions I make to make to transform this room into my new office space over the coming weeks so watch this space!

Have a great week Friends!!

Maria xxx



1 comment:

  1. The room is indeed spacious and the idea to use it as an office is brilliant. The shelves are in good place and there is enough room to keep all your materials which will make your new office so orderly and neat. Considering your tight budget right now, you can change the color in future to suit your needs. You should maximize on your new office privacy to increase your productivity.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit us and leave a message, it means a lot to us.