Monday, 18 July 2016

Seasalt, Cornwall

Happy Monday Friends!!

Summer has finally arrived here in the UK, well at least for the next few days according to the weather forecast! And just in time for the schools breaking up this week, which means one thing, our annual holiday to Cornwall.



For the past ten years, we have been holidaying at Cornwall's most southernly points. Cornwall is a beautiful, stunning place and we absolutely love it. Not only for the scenic views, hidden coves, the fresh sea air and gorgeous countryside and amazing fresh local sea food, the local Cornish people are friendly and welcoming too.


Todays post is about a Cornish clothing company called Seasalt, which I came across by chance in Fowey, Cornwall, last year and fell instantly in love with their clothes. We happened upon this shop when we got caught out in a heavy downpour (not untypical of our British summertime) and needed a rain jacket. I ended up with two dresses, a scarf, two bags and two rain coats, (one for myself and one for my daughter).  I have been smitten ever since.

My daughter loved her Seasalt Seafolly rain jacket so much she hardly took it off even when the sun did shine. I am wearing one of my Seasalt dresses in lovely Polperro, Cornwall.
Thank goodness for my Seasalt jacket, it helped keep me warm and dry on a rather blustery day at the Lizard, Cornwall



My Lottie dress from last year, which I absolutely love! Its easy to care for, wears beautifully.

Love the detail inside :D 


Their brand appears to have expanded and I have found that the likes of Next are now selling some of their range, but they do have a fabulous website here. At the moment, they have a 60% sale on which is making it all the harder to choose from!

I am a lover of their summer dresses, especially the vintage styled 50/60's dresses and I have my eye on these two......



Lottie Tea Dress  is Seasalts best selling tea dress. Again it is vintage inspired with its pretty piped trims, cap sleeves and softly pleated skirt. This year there are three different prints available, I'm in love with 'Jumbo Boats Pier'.

Beatrice Dress which is a retro fit and flare shirtdress in a soft chambray. I am loving its delicate anchor print. 

So if you are feeling the summer love and its sunny where you are, even if its for a day or two, why not check out this beautiful range of clothing from Seasalt. They have a great range of raincoats too, a necessity for the UK  ;) 



Have a great week Friends!!

Maria xx

5 comments:

  1. That looks like a lovely place for a summer holiday. And those dresses are fabulous - I like the one you are wearing the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Susanne, Cornwell is just the best place for summer even if its raining. It really is beautiful. I am packing at the moment as we are off there this weekend and I can't wait! Thanks for your lovely comments :D xx

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the heads up about Seasalt - I've just ordered that sailing boat dress! They've got free delivery at present! My hubby bought me some Seasalt handkerchiefs last Christmas - they are lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon I absolutely adore the sailing boat dress! So pleased you got free delivery as well. They are such a great company :D xx

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the heads up about Seasalt - I've just ordered that sailing boat dress! They've got free delivery at present! My hubby bought me some Seasalt handkerchiefs last Christmas - they are lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit us and leave a message, it means a lot to us.