Monday, 11 July 2016

A Surprise Furniture Find

Happy Monday Friends!!

Every now and again, you will come across a second hand furniture find when you least expect it and that is exactly what happened to me.

I have an area in my kitchen that I wanted a piece of multipurpose furniture for. I wanted storage as well as surface area for display, but because it was a small space, it was proving difficult to find what I was looking for so I had put of buying anything.

Then out of the blue, when I was driving past a local second hand furniture shop, I spotted this in the window! It was exactly what I had been looking for and the dimensions worked. Hooray!!! :D



At £35 this butchers trolly was a real bargain. Not only is it made from solid wood, it was also in excellent condition.

It just needed a quick sanding as it had lots of ring stains on the top which the hubby had great fun sanding out. I gave it a good wipe down, after which, I just wiped it over some wood oil to give its natural lustre back.


Its perfect for housing some of my favourite cookery books too :D



I am so pleased with it. Even more so because it was an unexpected find! You never know when or what you will find on your travels. All I know is that fate just happens to sometimes shine in your favour :D

Have a good week Friends!!



Maria xxx


10 comments:

  1. Perfection. I really like the tea cup lamp - really like as in now I must find one here ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patio Postcards..... The teacup lamp I got quite a few years ago and can't remember where. Hopefully you'll find one :D x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! I was vey lucky to have spotted it :D x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Susanne! I am so, so pleased with it :D x

      Delete
  4. What a great find & it looks fabulous, just like it was made for that space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! It was a meant to be find. It fits perfectly :D x

      Delete
  5. That is such a great find and it's so perfect for that space, it looks really lovely with all of your bits on x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo :D It really was the perfect find! xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit us and leave a message, it means a lot to us.