Monday, 4 April 2016

Yes, you can get excited over a bin!

Happy Monday Friends :D

Yes,  I agree its an odd thing to write about, but I do love my bin. Its clean, boxy and simple design sits nicely in my kitchen without being too obtrusive.

I admit to having had quite a few kitchen bins over the years. I have either changed them to suit the decor or because they have broken with the constant use and abuse that a family tends to treat the kitchen bin, namely the hubby who tends to be quite heavy handed.

Then last year whilst in John Lewis, I saw it, the Joseph, Joseph Totem bin and it was love at first sight. Yes, I know I am a very sad person, but you have to understand that its all about the look. I am a lover of all things interiors. For some its clothes, shoes, handbags and so on, (although I love these things too ;) For me, I love looking and shopping for interiors and I am always on the look out for new products.

Now there was absolutely nothing wrong with the bin we had. In fact, it was one of the best kitchen bins we had owned for years, but I fell in love with the design of the Joseph, Joseph Totem bin. See theres a difference ;)

Whats to love? I here you ask. Well it's simple, boxy shape and neutral stone colouring (there is also a charcoal and stainless steel version) and its semi glossy body and stainless steel top, which makes it easy to clean and the fact that it would look good in any kitchen.
Joseph Joseph Intelligent Waste Totem 

Now,  I couldn't justify buying a new bin just on just its good looks, it had to offer me more because to be quite honest, it has to be one of the most expensive kitchen bins out there!!

So what swung it for me?  On further investigation, it turned out it was a whole recycling centre in one Yay!!! :D
I had, up until that point,  a main kitchen bin, a recycling bin and a separate food waste box on my kitchen side and I had a constant battle on my hands with the family making any sort of effort to recycle.  I was forever pulling out recycling rubbish from the main bin and I was beginning to lose the plot!

The removable food caddy sits nicely in the top of the bin when not in use
The bottom recycling box is on wheels and lifts out easily 

With the Joseph Joseph Totem bin, because everything is in one place, everyone has recycled ever since and, for me, that alone makes it a winner :D



Have a good week friends and see you soon :D

Maria xxx



6 comments:

  1. When we had our new kitchen fitted last year we had a divided bin added inside one of the under sink cabinets and I have to say it was one of my favourite bits, so I can easily understand your comments! Recycling needs to be as easy as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very neat and how wonderful to have everything in one place.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi debs14, having a built in recycling system sounds perfect. :D

    Your absolutely correct if it's all in one place it makes it so much easier Toni :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. 🙋🏻 I will have to get this bin. I collect josephjoseph it matches my kitchen so that's a yes from me. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lorraine, Joseph Joseph are great aren't they. Innovative designs that look good as well as being practical. Its a great bin and you won't regret it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very cool that it has three uses in one bin!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit us and leave a message, it means a lot to us.