Wednesday, 6 April 2016

March Empties

During our first month of blogging, I wanted to try a few different products, so that I could use them up and let you know what I thought of them, and maybe this was something I could do each month with you. I do understand that things all work differently on each of us, but just as a guide, I thought it might be fun.

In the interest of honesty, one of these ... maybe two or three, were actually started before, but my intentions were good.
Ok, so here goes.

Udderley Smooth .... Lovely and I would use again, but I'd like to try other brands of this product. Its certainly left my skin softer and is non greasy and soaks into the skin very quickly.  The only downside, and its not really a downside as such, maybe I didn't get a big enough tube, as I don't feel it lasted very long.

Now the Moroccan Oil Hydrating Styling cream is one I've been using for years, its a leave in formula which as it contains pure argan oil, helps hydrate my hair as I wash it daily.  Its a very light product and I have fine hair, and this doesn't make it limp or sticky. The bottle too, is ideal as I can unscrew it and hit out any left at the bottom.

Next is Primer. I never used to wear any primer, to be honest, I never really knew what they did. but this one has converted me. It's BareMinerals Prime Time Original, Its non greasy and I really find its a fabulous base for my foundation powder,  making my make up last longer.  Again, as someone who does like to get value for money, I can take the lid of this and use every little bit.

Lastly its Liz Earle Face Serum .... well, I LOVE it.  It contains collagen boosting pomegrante extract and I've had dry skin recently and on one part its been particularly dry and flaky. So I tried this, and I can't rate it high enough.  I use it every morning before my moisturiser. A little goes a long way, I only use two small pumps of it.  This is actually my second bottle as I started using it in February and at the beginning I may have used more, as my skin was particularly bad.  Since using it, I've not had any dry patches.

I always use Liz Earle cleanse and polish, due to its use of natural products and no animal testing.  I buy mine direct from their online store and delivery is free and fast.

There you have it, a few "empties" from me for March.  I'll hopefully do this each month for you as I think it will get me into trying more products too, and not just storing them up for best.

Sandra
xx



6 comments:

  1. 🙋🏻 These all look really good. I will have a look for the hair oil & the primer. I love reading your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Loraine for your support, it really means a lot to us xx

      Delete
  2. I love Liz Earle products but haven't tried this one. The Winter weather can leave me with dry patches so it is good to know that you found this a successful buy.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say Toni, this only took say 4 days to sort out the dry patches, and they were all around my chin, so not nice at all.

      Delete
  3. I'm a fan of Liz Earle products and love their moisturisers.
    I do like the sound of Bare Minerals but have never had time to chat to their consultants in store. Do you use any others of their products?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, I tend to buy my Bare Minerals off QVC and I love them. The only problem with their foundation is that as I'm getting older, I find it all little too heavy now and finds the lines, I rather it didn't lol. I will say I do like their mineral vail too, its like a translucent powder that gives a very sheer finish. Let me know if you try one, I'd love to know what you think xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit us and leave a message, it means a lot to us.