Friday, 22 April 2016

Healthy Living, Healthy Food.... A New Cook Book

Happy Friday Friends :D

'Hi my name is Maria and I am a self confessed avid cook book collector, food lover, and I love to cook!!'  (Sorry I couldn't resist starting this post with this, but it is exactly who I am  ;)

This week, I am trying out a new cook book by Amelia Freer, Cook, Nourish Glow, who is completely new to me and I don't quite know how I have missed her! I actually came across this book by accident whilst shopping in my favourite kitchen shop Lakeland, who had it on offer down to just £5 because it had no book jacket. I am so glad I decided to buy it as I will definitely be following her from now on.

Buy it on Amazon Here

I am one of those 'special' people who can't eat gluten, wheat and diary and this book caters for me perfectly and my family. Who, by the way, get to eat whatever I do regardless of the fact that they don't have any dietary requirements. I have found that it is a much healthier way of living and I want my family to be healthy, especially our kids! I'm hopefully helping them to live a longer better life :D

So if you suffer with intolerances or food allergies, this book is a little bit of heaven. Or if your just looking to improve your health or making more of a conscious effort to eating more healthily then definitely give this book a go.

I have already tabbed so many recipes to try out and I'm really excited by the choice this book has to offer.   I've been looking to increase our fish intake and this book has some tasty recipes that look and sound really yummy as well as achievable. Don't worry there are some meat recipes in there too as well as veggies ;)

Simple Prawn, Coconut & Aubergine Curry - YUMMY


I was so impressed by this book, I decided to do a little research on the web and came across Amelia's website which provides a wealth of food information.  I've even signed up to her blog. I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to food, I find food so fascinating!!

As it turns out, Amelia is a qualified nutritional therapist so you are sure to find yourself in good hands. (I always find it reassuring when the author of cook books has either long term experience or is qualified to preach what they are talking about especially when it comes to our health.  I also love the quotes scattered throughout the book, which are reaffirming of eating healthily such as these two lovelies:-

'If it came from a plant, eat it, If it was made in a plant, Don't '  (Michael Pollan)


'When diet is wrong, medicine is of no use. When diet is right, medicine is of no need' (Ayurvedic Proverb)


They make you think don't they?

Heres the Quick Tuna Omelette I made yesterday for lunch :D

Don't forget to follow us on Instagram, because I'll be posting some photos of what I have made from this book on there in the very near future ;)

Thats all from me for now. Wishing you all a fab weekend full of happiness and love.

Maria xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit us and leave a message, it means a lot to us.