Friday, 8 April 2016

Aga Demonstration Day

As you know, I'm in the midst of home renovations, and I'm starting on the kitchen first.

I have been busy painting our kitchen and I will be sharing more of that with you at a later date as well as painting tips, that I've picked up along the way.

Now it's always been one of my dreams to own an Aga and we've now decided that the time is right to act now, so yesterday Maria kindly came along to a baking demonstration with me. Its a completely new way of cooking, and a lot to get my head around, so I had a lot of questions and armed with a notebook, off we went to the Cobham store.


Sadly for Maria, due to her dietary requirements, she was unable to taste any of these, although we did pick up a pancake receipe using oats, instead of flour.  So I did the only good thing that a friend could do, I ate for her!
Apparently, don't use a cooling rack, let the bread turn cool upside down ... I will say, it worked, and no soggy bottom.  
All in all, we had a fabulous day, and no all that needs to be done is to pop along, probably at the weekend and sign on the dotted line. 

You can bet, I'll be sharing with you my aga journey, all the way from its arrival to what I learn and recipes I'll be picking up.

As for the pancakes; its one egg, 1/2 a cup of oats, 1/2 a banana and wizz up in a food processor, or liquidizer and you've got little drop pancakes.  I'll be trying it for sure. 

Have a great weekend 
Sandra 
xx






3 comments:

  1. 🙋🏻oh it all sounds great. I love the duck egg blue. And will look forward to seeing more about it all. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The duck egg blue to me looks more like soft blue, but I'm not complaining as its beautiful. The aga in the picture is I think the jade one ... and they give you swatches but its more green in our home. So that's why I've gone for the duck egg blue xx

      Delete
  2. The blue one was my favourite too.
    Can't wait to hear what you cook and how things go.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit us and leave a message, it means a lot to us.