Tuesday, 1 March 2016

Welcome to Friends over the Fence

Welcome to our little space on the internet. We'll be sharing all the things that inspire us, and things we chat about over coffee or over the fence.  So you'll find recipes, interiors, product reviews, health and beauty and so much more.  

Want to know a little bit about us? Well here are a few short words, and I'm sure that we will be sharing more as our journey continues. 

MARIA

I'm in my middle youth, or thats what the health professionals now like to call us 40± somebodies and I kind of like it.

I am blessed with three wonderful children, a loving husband and a crazy old cat. Having been diagnosed with M.E. (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) 7 years ago, I have been on an amazing journey discovering that what we eat can really make a difference in terms of our health and wellbeing. Finding out about food, latest recipes, books and health benefits are part of my daily life and if I can pass the knowledge on, all the better, as Sandra only knows too well over the fence or a coffee or two :).

Interiors and flowers are an important part of my life too. I qualified as a florist about 15 years ago and for the past three years, have been a "mature" university student, gaining a BA degree in Interior Design with a distinction. I'll be passing on what I have learnt and, now I have the time, documenting all the projects that got put on hold, as well as tips, how to's and latest trends.

After all that studying, I'm now delving into some fun projects as its time to enjoy some family and friends time. Thanks to Sandra, I've become a newbie at Project Life and I've discovered the world of Bullet Journalling; you'll be able to follow me on these new quests and more.

Sandra and I, welcome you to join us and our chronicles of  "Friends Over The Fence"
xxx

SANDRA

I'm 50 something homebody who's home is truly is her castle and I share that home with my husband and 2 puppies.

My interests are many and varied.  I'm a scrapbooker, crafter, avid list writer and all round professional tinker of her home! I have a head full of ideas and I look forwards to sharing them with you. One of my latest obsessions is bullet journaling (same as Maria) and I have notepads everywhere.  This year, we are taking on a big project in revitalising our home and we are lucky enough to also have a little retreat on the coast, which although has just been renovated, its in need of finishing touches.  So from me, you'll find some up cycling projects and decorating tips that are helping me achieve our dream homes. 

There you have it, a little bit about us, so grab yourself a coffee and join us in a chat over the fence. 



12 comments:

  1. Oooh think I'm going to enjoy the ride with you ladies, definately the sort of blog I love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popping over to say hello and watching you guys with interest.......

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect place to pop in. Next time I visit I'll make sure I've got a cuppa so I can sit back and enjoy.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to popping in to see what's happening with you ladies! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to popping in to see what's happening with you ladies! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like it's going to be a fab blog, looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cant wait to see your blog grow :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm all ears and eyes, can't wait for more from both of you on all those wonderful subjects. Good luck with this new endeavor. And nice to meet you Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely !! =) i will read your post ! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck & I have now bookmarked F/F

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you ladies for all your lovely comments. So glad you have joined us on our journey of chatting over the fence :D Maria & Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking forward to reading all about the things y'all chat about over the fence!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit us and leave a message, it means a lot to us.