Wednesday, 16 March 2016

Showcase your photos

How many of us have boxes hidden away with old family photos, or draws full of those packets that we used to pick up from the chemist of our developed holiday photos?

Well as a scrapbooker and Project Lifer, I'm always concious of sharing memories taken by us, but even those, are often put onto layouts and then filed away in albums.

So at the little house, I wanted those memories and especially the ones that were taken at the house all those years ago, to be available and accessible to all those that visit.

Firstly we contacted family members and asked if we could scan in old family photos, and then we printed them out, and keep them in this glass bowl on the side.


I can honestly say, everyone that comes to the house loves going through the bowl and reliving those family memories, and so often we find out new stories that we've never heard before.

I've also asked family members to write down who is in the photo, so that we never forget. Its a joy spending time rummaging through the bowl and looking back through old photos.

I should give you a little background information about the little house. Its our home on the coast and it used to belong to my husbands grandparents. We bought it about 5 years ago, and its undergone major building renovations in the past few years, but those happy memories we all have of spending time there with his grandparents still remain in the feeling of the home.

I hope this has inspired you to get those photos out and have a trip down memory lane.

Sandra
xx



5 comments:

  1. What a novel way to display photos & also a great conversation started. I really like the tales that go with old photos. I once bought a box of really old photos at an antiques store because I felt SO very sad that no family member claimed them. Most of them had no information on the back of the photo, so I had no idea who, what, where - so great idea to get everyone to write info on the back of your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often wondered what the story was behind the little house! What a lovely idea of having those photos in a bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea for sharing photos.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely idea and I love the backstory of the little house x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit us and leave a message, it means a lot to us.